If you’re looking for help getting Mautic working with Zapier, this post should help.
I’ve seen some confusion in the community forums about the Mautic Zapier integration – does it even exist, how do I access it, is it broken, etc. To answer these questions:
The Zapier integration works – it’s just not available in the Zapier directory yet. This means you won’t find it if you just search in Zapier. You can access it via invitation only.
Here’s how you get the app and get connected:
1. Make sure you meet the requirements
There are only two main requirements, and they really only apply if you’re running a self-hosted instance of Mautic. If you’re using Mautic Free or Pro (hosted versions), then you’re all set and can skip to step 2.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mautic version 2.9.0 or newer
- SSL – your Mautic instance must be running https
2. Update your Mautic settings
As described here, you’ll need to enable Basic Authentication to use the Zapier integration. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Mautic Settings > Configuration > API Settings
- Set API enabled? to Yes
- Set Enable HTTP basic auth? to Yes
- Make sure to save your changes.
3. Get the Mautic Zapier integration invite link
To get the Mautic Zapier app, click this link:
You’ll be asked to sign into your Zapier account. After you sign in, and you should end up on a page that looks like this:
Click the button that says Accept Invite & Build a Zap, and you’re ready to start your Zap!
4. Creating Zaps: notes and troubleshooting
Before you dive into Zapier and testing things out, there are a couple things to be aware of:
- There are multiple versions of the Zapier app for Mautic. If you’re having trouble or getting errors when creating your Zaps, start by a) reviewing the requirements and Mautic settings, and b) using the public invite link in step 3 to get the most recent version of the Zapier app.
- If you’ve been using Mautic and Zapier for a while, you may see multiple versions of the app when you go to create your Zap. I highly recommend checking the most recent Zapier app releases to make sure you’re selecting the latest version of the app for your Zaps.
Okay, that’s all there is to it! You now have all the power of Zapier connected with Mautic.
Note: many of the details I’ve described in this post can be found on the Mautic GitHub page for Zapier.