Everything Mautic for March, 2017. There’s a lot here, so I think it may be time to switch to a weekly recap!
Mautic 2.7, and 2.7.1 Released
Version 2.7 includes lots of improvements to the Salesforce integration, and the landing page and email builders have seen significant updates:
New slots are available to enable the user to easily create different different types of content such as images, text, social follows, and gated video. Also, multi column sections have been made available so that the user can have more flexibility in designing their page or email.
Review highlights in the official blog post announcement and get the details in the release notes on GitHub. And if you’re building custom themes, there’s some new CSS youmay want to include in your themes.
Version 2.7.1 followed shortly after, squashing a whole lot of bugs.
Mautic VPS Hosting Comparison
A look at the differences between Amazon Lightsail, DigitalOcean, and Linode for hosting Mautic. A thorough article that takes into consideration the following elements: price, performance, support, backups, and bulk email policy.
In the past we suggested users who want to install Mautic on their own VPS try DigitalOcean. No doubt, we still use DigitalOcean for some of our customers’ Mautic instances but in 2017, the crown for the best Mautic hosting goes to Linode. When you consider price, performance, support and backups, Linode seems to have the entire package. That’s why we are recommending them more often to our Mautic installation customers, and why they’re worth your time to take a look as well.
New Plugin: AutomatePlus – Mautic for Give
If you use the Give plugin to accept donations on your WordPress site, you can now integrate your Give donation forms with Mautic. Use this plugin (in combination with AutomatePlus – Mautic for WordPress) automatically to add new donors to a specific segment in Mautic when they donate to your cause using Give.
Sending Newsletters with Mautic: A Beginner’s Guide
You already know Mautic is great for automation campaigns. But what about sending newsletters with Mautic? In short, it’s just a three-step process: create a new segment, add your newsletter contacts to that segment, create a segment email and send! This post shows you exactly what to do.
New Plugin: SugarCRM/SuiteCRM Mautic integrator by eVolpe available at SugarOutfitters
I actually published a note about this new plugin in last month’s Mautic recap, but this blog post from SugarOutfitters has some nice examples about what you can do with their premium plugin.
Mautic vs Sendy
A longtime Sendy user compares Mautic and Sendy. Points out that Sendy does one thing very well, but Mautic – with a bit of a learning curve at this point – offers much more:
Mautic is definitely more complicated to setup and configure and requires more tweaking in my opinion than Sendy, but the end result is a great and robust platform to launch multiple different types of marketing automation campaigns.
The Ultimate Mautic Setup Guide
There’s some very helpful stuff in this post, including detailed info on configuring Amazon SES for email, list management, and a couple good tips for tracking emails. I want to learn more about managing Mautic instances with Git (yes, I’m pretty new to version control).
- I’m not at all familiar with Bluemix, but in case you are: Mautic for Bluemix – Getting Started
- New Mautic integration for TYPO3. It’s very early (alpha) stages. Check out this video for an overview.
- For custom theme builders: Video: Making Drag-and-Drop Multi-Column Sections Stack on Mobile – Custom Theme Update for Mautic 2.7
- Installing Mautic with PHP7-FPM on Docker, Nginx, and MariaDB on Ubuntu 16.04
- I found a video tutorial on integrating Facebook leads with Mautic. Haven’t tried it – tweet at me @chris_calabro and let me know if you do / if it works for you!
- Mautic is now supported in ConvertPlayer (helps you turn your video into an opt-in form)
- From the official Mautic blog: Automation and Improv: Your Workflow Reimagined, and a Mautic Minute: How to Personalize the Subject Line of an Email
- New video on connecting Contact Form 7 with Mautic
- Interview with Mautic CEO Matt Johnston on this podcast
- Last but not least: I’ve launched a new podcast about Mautic.